Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Weekend Getaway

Sometimes you just need a getaway.




As life continues to lay on the stress and work gets more insane, my boytoy and I decided we needed to take a weekend off and just relax. So we went to a local lake to enjoy some fun in the sun.

Between basking in the sun, swimming in some gorgeous water, and doing some fishing we were able to truly enjoy nature. Sure it was insanely hot and I came home looking like a lobster, but it was well worth it! I had an amazing time.

I am a total lake junkie during the summer. If I could spend every weekend in the sun I would. Unfortunately I still will not get tan, but that is OK. My little sister often tells me I need to "embrace the whiteness." haha. I guess I got the "you're always going to be seriously white with no tan in sight" genes. Oh well, porcelain is beautiful right?

Hope you all took advantage of the summer sun this weekend!

3 comments:

April said...

Thanks for the comment and for following!! everyone needs a little get-away now and then!

Angelia Sims said...

Porcelain skin is IN, if you can sparkle, even better.

What a nice getaway! I love the lake too. Looks absolutely beautiful. :-)

LWLH said...

That getaway sounds amazing...i need that myself.